NOTICE: DRAGON BOOKMARKS RAFFLE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED Please do not send submissions for now. We may be able to reinstate it at a later date.
After our last raffle (World Bookmark Day Raffle 2017) with incredible 1312 bookmarks in the raffle pot has created such a high enthusiastic response, we decided to create a new raffle page and make the raffle to a regular event on our website. There will be two raffles each year, the first one going from April to August and the second one from October to the World Bookmark Day on 25 February. In our new raffle we try to build up a nice and unique dragon bookmark collection for the winner.
Why dragons? Because the mysterious creature dragon is a source of excitement in so many fairy tails and fantasy books and is present on many beautifully illustrated bookmarks. Especially young readers are inspired by dragons. Thus we hope to motivate a broad range of bookmark fans and collectors to participate in the raffle. Send us your dragon bookmarks and win a hopefully fantastic and one-of-a-kind collection of bookmarks!
You don't have any dragon bookmarks? No problem, just make one yourself! The bookmark on far right on the picture below is a handmade one. Somebody has cut out dragon pictures and glued it on a green card. We found it in an old book. You can, of course, make your own illustration to create a dragon bookmark. No limits for creative minds!
1. Only bookmarks showing dragon images will entitle participants to get raffle tickets. Browse your collection to find some dragon bookmarks and please be aware that dinosaurs are no dragons, sorry.
2. Send your bookmarks to the following address: SUSPENDED - DO NOT SEND ENTRIES FOR NOW!
Don't forget to write your email address, your postal address and a lucky number between 1 and 99. The shipping costs for sending your bookmarks to us is covered by you, and we are not liable if your bookmarks get lost in the mail. The shipping costs for sending the raffle pot bookmarks to the winner by recorded priority airmail letter/parcel is covered by us.
3. Players will get 5 tickets for each bookmark that has no doubles in the raffle pot, and only 1 ticket for a bookmark if there are doubles of it in the raffle pot. This means you should study the pictures of the submitted bookmarks and try to avoid sending doubles of already submitted bookmarks to get more tickets for your bookmarks. This rule is meant to help to build up a unique dragon bookmark collection for the winner. Of course, your chances to win are higher the more tickets you have.
4. We use a transparent procedure of determining the winner that everybody can verify. All participants will be asked for a individual lucky number between 1 and 99. Whereas all participants know their own number, they don't know the numbers of the other participants. At the end we will sum up all the individual lucky numbers of the participants and will have a sum number. Let say that sum is 748. We have than a certain number of raffle tickets at the end and each participant own a part of the raffle tickets. Let's say the sum of tickets is 257. The number of the winning ticket will be calculated by the following formula: t = (10 x 748) / 257 = 29.10506 - 29 = 0.10506 x 257 = 27 Ticket number 27 is the winner of the raffle in this case. There is only one exception in the calculation: if the calculation gives 0, then the highest ticket number is the winner, in this case ticket number 257.
Well, this sounds rather complicated, however, it is completely verifiable and there is no chance of manupulating it by anybody. The lot is drawn by the participants themselves so to speak! Thus, all participants should send along their bookmarks also an individual lucky number between 1 and 99.
5. The winner will be determined on 12 August 2017. Bookmarks arriving after this date cannot join the raffle, sorry! So please send your bookmarks in time. A player can send several lots of bookmarks on different dates. This may be helpful in cases where players might discover new dragon bookmarks after their first shipping.
6. At the end, there will be a second winner as well. The second winner is the player next to the winner in the player list sorted by the joining date. The second winner will get the bookmarks which the winner of the raffle has submitted. This rule avoids that the winner is getting her/his submitted bookmarks back. The second winner might also receive some extra bookmarks donated particularly for the second winner.
7. Dragon bookmark donations for the raffle are welcome. In our last raffle we had a high percentage of donated bookmarks. Bookmarks can be also donated explicitly for the consolation of the second winner. In this case, please declare your donation as such. Thank you to all donating supporters in advance!
That's all - good luck to all participants!
List of Participants: no participants yet
Number of bookmarks in the raffle pot: 13 (1. april 2017)
Number of total raffle tickets 0 (1 april 2017)
Donated bookmarks 13 by Maner Consulting, Riehen, Switzerland
Our sponsor Maner Consulting has donated 13 dragon bookmarks on 1 April 2017. We have now 13 beautiful dragon bookmarks in the raffle pot.